DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I make a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my Disclaimer.
How often do you sit down with yourself and get to know who you are at a deeper level? How much do you know about your authentic self?
Do you like certain things because you actually like them or because someone else projected that onto you? Here are 27 deep questions to ask yourself to get to know who you truly are.
A big part of loving yourself is genuinely knowing who you are. It’s knowing the fullness of who you are from the way you think, your strengths, your gifts, your natural talents, and more. It is also truly knowing what you like and don’t like, what you value, believe in, and stand for.
You must take the time to get to know who you truly are on the inside. The way to maximize your potential is to operate from your truest self.
The only way to know your truest self is by learning about who you truly are. It is taking the time to reconnect with the person you were created to be. God is the one who created you and you must learn who He created you to be.
When you know who you truly are you can love yourself in a way that you have never loved yourself before. Once you embrace your authentic self, it will change the way you positively see yourself.
You will notice that you start creating more boundaries against negative and toxic people and thoughts. You will start seeing your confidence grow in many areas and your perspective of yourself and others will start to change.
Knowing yourself means knowing all the facets of who you are and what makes you such an amazing person. You are confident in what you like and what you don’t like and aren’t afraid to express it.
You start to understand how your mind works, how you think, and how you operate and know there is nothing wrong with you. When you know yourself you know what your gifts and your strengths are, your personality type, and all of the characteristics that make you uniquely you.
Why Should I Learn Who I Am?
Learning who you are allows you to become the best self you can be. You become your truest self and your most powerful self. Knowing who God created you to be gives you freedom from what the world says about you, which can be a bunch of lies.
We begin to understand ourselves and see that we are fearfully and wonderfully made and made in God’s image. When we get to know who God truly is and what He says about us, we can finally become the person He created us to be.
Learning who you are is a process that brings healing. It starts to clear away confusion and allows you to move through the process of self-love.
How Do I Learn Who I Am?
The first thing you need to do to learn who you are is to learn what God has said about you. After that, you need to spend intentional time with yourself answering the deep questions below.
Take the time to answer each deep question honestly. You must answer it the way you truly believe and not the way others would answer it for you. There should be no shame in any of your answers.
You can start with the easiest questions first and then go on to the harder ones if needed. Or start with the hard questions first. Answer them and whatever order works best for you. There are no right or wrong answers unless you are not being truthful.
Grab this Notebook and Pen Set to use as you go through these questions.
Deep Questions to Ask Yourself
- What are my likes and dislikes? (People, Foods, Places, Colors, Clothing, Books, etc.)
- What are my personality and character traits?
- What is my love language? How do I operate in it?
- What is my life language?
- What are my strengths & weaknesses? Am I operating in my strengths?
- What parts of me do I hide from others?
- Am I an introvert or an extrovert? How does that affect my life?
- Do I prefer to talk or listen?
- What comes naturally to me? What do I do without having to learn how to do it?
- What do I enjoy doing in my free time?
- What kinds of books do I enjoy reading?
- What is the best way for me to learn new things?
- What am I motivated by?
- What do I love about other people?
- What frustrates me about other people?
- What are 5 of my favorite things about myself?
- How do I process information?
- What do I believe is specifically holding me back?
- What brings a smile to my face?
- What would I want to do for the rest of my life that would make me happy (regardless of money)?
- What do I value? Believe in?
- What do I want to accomplish in my life?
- What qualities do other people see in me? Do I see those qualities about myself or do I reject them?
- What negative thoughts do I need to change about myself?
- What descriptive words would I use for myself?
- What did I dream about as a child? When did I stop dreaming?
- What makes me beautiful on the inside and outside?
- What areas of my life do I hold myself back?
RELATED POST: 24 Questions to Ask Yourself
Make a list of all the different traits about yourself.
What do these observations show you about yourself?
Saving this for later
I hope you enjoy it!
so many great questions, i have had a note book i’ve been wondering to use it for and these questions seem like a good journal prompting for it.
That’s awesome! I’m glad you found the questions useful.
Good questions for self-discovery, thank you for sharing such good ideas and tips.