DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I make a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my Disclaimer.
In a previous post, I shared with you the benefits of journaling as a resource on your journey of learning how to love yourself. In this post, I wanted to share with you a list of self love journal prompts that could assist you when you need an idea on what to journal about.
Journaling has a lot of benefits that you can read about here. I think it is a great tool to use when you are on your self love journey because it helps you apply what you are learning along the way as well as taking the things that are in your head and putting them on paper.
This is a great tool for self-reflection and self-awareness as you progress in your journey to self love.
These self love journal prompts can be used when you need an idea of what to journal about. They can also be used when you need guidance along your journey.
As you set aside time to journal, I suggest using a journal and your favorite writing utensil. Here are some of my favorite journals to use. I also love these InkJoy pens by Papermate because they write so smoothly and don’t smudge.
Each day (or whatever days you have chosen to journal) set aside at least 5-10 minutes to devote to your journaling. I suggest first reading through the prompt, and then just write out your answer.
It could be in paragraph or list form. As you are writing, do not stop and edit yourself. Let whatever is in your mind be written; just let it flow out.
After you have written everything out, then go back and read what you wrote. Take note of what you have said and acknowledge it. Embrace it if it needs to be embraced. Be completely honest in your answers even if you don’t fully accept who you are yet.
Read here for an article about Self Acceptance
Self Love Journal Prompts
1. What do I love about myself?
2. What areas of myself have I hidden from others?
3. Where do I hold myself back and why do I hold myself back?
4. List 5 amazing things about yourself
5. What makes me unique?
6. How do I process information?
7. What makes me different from other people? Why is this a good thing?
8. What do I enjoy doing?
9. Make a list of 10 positive affirmation statements (I am…).
10. What things do I do that are easy (natural) for me to do?
11. What are 15 things about myself that make me smile?
12. What qualities do other people see in me?
13. Write out 5 compliments you need to give yourself.
14. What problem(s) do I wish I could change?
15. Do my thoughts bring me happiness or sadness? What do I need to change?
16. What did I use to dream about doing as a child?
17. How did life’s challenges shape me into who I am today?
18. What is my biggest insecurity and what do I need to do to let it go?
19. Write an apology letter to yourself for any negative words you have spoken over yourself.
20. What am I grateful for about myself?
21. What are some positive ways I have changed over the last 3 years?
22. Describe yourself in a positive manner in 10 words.
23. What do I love about my physical appearance?
24. What makes me beautiful?
25. What do I need to start accepting about myself today?
26. What do I need to forgive myself for today?
27. List 5 negative things you say about yourself and rephrase them to something positive.
28. In what areas of my life am I allowing myself to play small?
29. What makes me worthy of love from myself? From others?
30. Write a positive statement about each part of your body (especially those things you hate).
31. Do I play the victim in any area(s) of my life? How can I become the victor?
32. List 3 of your greatest accomplishments. What makes them an accomplishment?
33. List any traits about yourself (personality, character, social, etc.)
34. What is my favorite feature of myself?
35. What makes me so awesome?
Self love journal prompts printable
Click the image to download a free copy of the self love journal prompts.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please leave a comment below.
I am not much of a journaler, but I love the idea of self-reflection. This is a great way to do that with these helpful prompts. You may have changed my mind about journaling. 🙂
Thank you! I’m not much of a traditional journaler either but I’m a huge proponent of self reflection.
A powerful journey , a roadmap to self discovery and self love, great ideas. Thanks for sharing
Thank you so much! I hope you find the prompts useful.
I really like this prompt list. I never know where to start with journalling, so this is very helpful.
Thank you! I struggle with traditional journaling so these have been really helpful for me.
Love love love these! And I totally love how you mention that journaling can be in paragraph or list form. I think journaling can be an intimidating practice to get into. But just five minutes on a given day, and using a list format makes it seem less daunting and easier to get in the habit. We can build from there 🙂
Thank you! I agree that traditional journaling can be intimidating. I use these prompts to help me, especially when I want to focus on self-reflection.
Thank you for this! Such great idea prompts for self reflection.
Thank you! I’ve used them often when I am being intentional about self-reflection.
These are so good! I’m always looking for journal prompts!
Thank you! They were helpful to me during my journey.